sábado, 10 de janeiro de 2015

JOAN MARBECK cartas de Malaca

Certainly, Manuela. You may mention my projects on Linggu Kristang in the publication of Mulher Migrante. I had a quiet Christmas in Seremban, the town , north of Melaka where I had moved to about 12 years ago. Malacca, has changed and I do feel disappointed at some of the development that is crowding the historical treasures of the city. UNESCO should look into this seriously. I have managed to persuade the Museum authorities to set up a Eurasian Community Museum in Melaka and was instrumental in doing so in 2013. Now the Jenti Kristang or Eurasians will NOT be forgotten. Some of the artifacts in the ECM belong to my grandmother and parents. I have now turned my attention to Kuala Lumpur and to the Eurasians in all the other states in Malaysia. I want them to acknowledge their heritage and identify themselves with the 500 year-old Papiah Kristang Language. Many are receptive to my proposals and are cooperating, especially Ms Sheila de Costa, the President of the Selangor and Federal Territory Eurasian Association in Kuala Lumpur, ( A Lawyer by profession) and her General Committee.
I took a short holiday and spent my NEW Year 2015 with my 2 sons, David and Martin in Istanbul, Turkey from 1st- 7th. Jan.
David works at the ILO in Geneva as Chief Technical Advisor and Martin is Chief Reservations Officer at the Metropole London Hilton. They are doing very well in their careers and my grateful thanks to the late Rev. Fr. M. J. Pintado who 'opened doors' for them when he recommended that they be given scholarships to the University of Macau in the 1990s. Thanks to you, too for your inspiration, encouragement and the opportunity you've given me to meet some of the world's most brilliant, active and courageous ladies of Portugal and from around the world. Your leadership has made me a leader for my community and for women in general.
God Bless and a Very Good 2015.
Ung grandi abrasah,
Joan

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário